1-800-TAXI-USA Privacy Notice
1-800-TAXI-USA, LLC. ("1-800-TAXI-USA") protects the privacy of its customers, visitors, users, and others (collectively "Users") who use 1800taxiusa.com, www.taximobile.com, or other web sites owned or operated by 1-800-TAXI-USA (the "1-800-TAXI-USA Sites"). This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites and allows USERS to make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites.
Information Collected By 1-800-TAXI-USA
User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address, address, phone number, fax number, and url) when you choose to use the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites, including when requesting services, providing feedback or comments, posting company information in our listings, or by contacting us directly. For paid client listings, we collect the information we need for the advertisement listing, for maintaining the account and for billing. We typically collect addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, fax number, email address, url, as well as such information as the client's services, licensing and insurance status, hiring and training policies, billing related information, and other pertinent information.
Cookies Information: When you visit the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. 1-800-TAXI-USA uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Server Log Information: When you use the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Clear GIFs Information: When you use the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way 1-800-TAXI-USA Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major 1-800-TAXI-USA Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When 1-800-TAXI-USA Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- Where, and in a manner, permitted by law, we may provide information to credit bureaus. We will also provide information and/or sell receivables to collection agencies in order to obtain payments for our services.
You may decline to submit personally identifiable information through the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites, in which case 1-800-TAXI-USA may not be able to provide certain services to you.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to the advertiser section where you can update your account information or make corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact 1-800-TAXI-USA with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices using this contact information.
Our Commitment To Data Security
1-800-TAXI-USA uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to 1-800-TAXI-USA and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, 1-800-TAXI-USA makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If 1-800-TAXI-USA learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. 1-800-TAXI-USA may post a notice on the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact information.
Our Commitment To Childrens' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, 1-800-TAXI-USA does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites at any time or in any manner. If 1-800-TAXI-USA learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites without verified parental consent, then 1-800-TAXI-USA will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that 1-800-TAXI-USA is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the 1-800-TAXI-USA Sites constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified January 20, 2014.
Please contact 1-800-TAXI-USA with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice using this contact information.